Words can take on a different meaning when read out of context. Dirty, even. Giggle away like adolescent school kids as we completely take these Harry Potter quotes out of context.
1. “I dunno,” said Harry. “Maybe it’s better when you do it yourself. I didn’t enjoy it much when Dumbledore took me along for the ride.”
2. He was on all fours again on Snape’s office floor.
3. Mr. Ollivander spent much longer examining Harry’s wand than anyone else’s.
4. “An Engorgement Charm, I suppose? Said Hermione, halfway between disapproval and amusement. “Well, you’ve done a good job on them.” “That’s what yer little sister said,” said Hagrid, nodding at Ron. Hagrid looked sideways at Harry, his beard twitching.
5. “Well?” Ron said finally, looking up at Harry. “How was it?” Harry considered for a moment. “Wet,” he said truthfully.
6. Harry could see Draco Malfoy banging his goblet on the table. It was a sickening sight.
7. “It’s in fine condition… You treat it regularly?” “Polished it last night,” said Cedric, grinning.
8. Sirius pushed his chair roughly aside and strode around the table towards Snape, whipping his wand out as he went; Snape whipped out his own.
9. “What did he do to you, Diddy?” Aunt Petunia said in a quavering voice… “Was it – was it you-know-what, darling? Did he use his thing?”
10. He pushed the door ajar and peered inside – and a horrible scene met his eyes. Snape and Filch were inside, alone. Snape was holding his robe above his knees.
11. “Voldemort put a bit of himself in me?” Harry said, thunderstruck.